AS CHRIST’S FOLLOWERS, WE ALREADY LIVE IN HIM–WE LIVE IN HIS GREAT GLORY!
Some general Scripture passages about living in Christ…
- Jesus has given us the glory He has with the Father and the Spirit: John 17:22
- Jesus came to earth that we might have life to the full in Him: John 10:10
- In Christ is all the fullness of the deity, and we have fullness in Christ: Colossians 2:9
- Every part of our lives is in Christ: Acts 17:28
- We are chosen to proclaim the excellencies of Christ: 1 Peter 2:10.
- Paul declared, “For me, to live is Christ”: Philippians 1:21, and “I have been crucified in Christ…Christ lives in me”: Galatians 2:20).
- Paul used the phrases “in Christ” or “in Him” more than 150 times in his writings. Actually, the whole New Testament is about us living in Christ!
SING “Blessed Assurance” together.
Sixteen specific ways believers are already living in Christ…
- We live in His likeness (we are “like Him”): 2 Corinthians 3:18, Romans 8:28-29.
- We live in His “Sonship” (or in His inheritance, or as co-heirs with Him): Romans 8:15-17, Ephesians 1:4-5, 1 Peter 1:3-4, Revelation 21:6-7.
- We live in His victories: 1 Corinthians 15:51-57, Colossians 2:15, 1 John 1:5.
READ “TRIBUTE 2: Who Christ is FOR US today” together. (Click HERE to download the document.)
SING “My Jesus I Love You” together.
- We live in His eternal life: John 3:14-16, John 4:13-14, John 11:25-26, John 14:1,6, John 19:30, Romans 6:4,8,10-11,18, Romans 1 John 5:12.
SING “Because He Lives” together.
- We live in His promises (there are more than 7,000 promises of God in the Bible—all are “Yes” in Christ): 2 Corinthians 1:20, Hebrews 10:23, 2 Peter 1:2-4.
- We live in His freedom: Luke 4:18-21 (from Isaiah 61), Romans 8:1-2, John 8:36.
- We live in His endless love: John 15:9, Romans 8:35-38, Ephesians 3:17-19.
- We live in His humility: Philippians 2:3-8
- We live in His riches and hope: Ephesians 1:18, Philippians 4:19, Colossians 1:26-27, Titus 2:13.
SING “On Christ the Solid Rock” (part of it) together.
- We live in His righteousness and grace: Romans 3:22-24, Romans 5:17, 2 Corinthians 5:17,21.
SING “Amazing Grace” together.
- We live in His peace: John 14:27, John 16:33, 2 Thessalonians 3:16.
- We live in His mind: 1 Corinthians 2:16.
- We live in His fruitfulness: John 15:5.
- We live in His intercession (priestly prayers): Hebrews 7:21-22,24-25.
- We live in His home: John 14:1-3, Philippians 3:20-21, 1 Thessalonians 4:14-17.
- We live in His reign: READ some of the paragraphs from “CELEBRATING THE GLORIES OF CHRIST’S REIGN OVER US—TODAY!” handout. (Click HERE to download the document.)
READ the “Prayer of Consecration” together—may this be our recognition of His greatness, and of our desire to consecrate (give) every part of our lives to Him. (Click HERE to download the document)
READ the song, “Christ is Enough for Me” to the attendees.